Dementia is an overall term for diseases and conditions characterized by a decline in memory, language, problem-solving and other thinking skills that affect a person’s ability to perform everyday activities. Memory loss is an example. Alzheimer is the most common cause of dementia.
Respect & Respite
The need of training for caregivers of people affected by dementia will be covered by the DCare project, through the creation of an educational program in the form of online learning, where the caregivers of people with dementia (professionals and non-professionals), will be able to acquire basic skills relating to how to help people with dementia and how to help them avoid feeling isolated. The program can be used in VET education and training, in-work training for care staff and volunteers and in adult lifelong learning.
- Survey on the barriers which caregivers are facingMapping the difficulties
- Skills analysis & best practices in EUWhat works and where
- Train the Trainers Online CourseFree e-learning course for the trainers
- Online Course for caregiversFree e-learning course for the caregivers
- Toolkit for dementia friendly activitiesFriendly activities to people with dementia
- Toolkit for dementia friendly homeYes, your home can become dementia friendly!